Career Services Job Postings- February 27, 2017
Magnum Magnetics- Marietta, OH
Magnum Magnetics is looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to support accounting and human resources functions within the company. The successful candidate must be familiar with a variety of business concepts, practices, and procedures as well as accounts receivable and accounts payable procedures. This position will perform a variety of general accounting duties such as issue customer invoices, post debit and credit memos, and administer cash receipts.
Associate's or Bachelor's degree in accounting or business is preferred. One year experience in related field is required.
We offer a fast-paced environment that rewards exceptional results and further develops personal / professional skills. We also offer excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, disability & life insurance, 401(k) match and other employee benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this opportunity
fits with your current work needs, then please send your confidential resume to:
Magnum Magnetics, HR Dept.
801 Masonic Park Road
Marietta, OH 45750
Provided by The Parkersburg News and Sentinel
Will be doing autocad and drafting work at a local concrete plant. This is a full time position! Must have experience working with AutoCAD and have a creative mind and eager attitude!
Mancan accepts applications on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 and 1-3 at the Marietta Mancan. We are located at 112 Putnam Street in Marietta, OH. Please bring 2 forms of unexpired government identification and a resume is also helpful. PLEASE FAX YOUR RESUME WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO 740.373.3913 or Call your LOCAL MANCAN @ 740.373.9675 and a Knowledgeable Helpful Staffing Specialist will help you!
Brokerage Services Assistant
Community Bank- Parkersburg, WV
Community Bank is seeking a qualified candidate for a Brokerage Services Assistant position. The main function of the Brokerage Services Assistant is to support the Senior Investment Executive in the day to day activities of the brokerage services department.
The ideal candidate will possess a professional demeanor, phone etiquette, good time management skills and be detail oriented. Previous administrative experience in a professional environment and proficiency in the use of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
Education and Special Requirements:
Prefer a minimum of a 2 year degree
1+ years of administrative experience in a professional environment
This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes computer skills as well as utilization of office equipment.
Community Bank offers benefits and a competitive salary
Send your resume to:
P.O. Box 988
Parkersburg, WV 26102
Resumes may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Provided by The Parkersburg News & Sentinel
REM Community Options- Parkersburg, WV
Come join REM Community Options in the very important work we do supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities, brain injury and emotional, behavioral or medical complexities. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
As a Care Provider (Direct Support Professional/DSP), you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Based in community settings, Care Providers provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration. Our Caregivers may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. You will also partner with the clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Our DSPs/Care Providers are the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make, we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
We currently have full time and part time positions available. Evenings and Weekend shifts allow schedules to fit around school, other employment, or family commitments.
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
UPS- Parkersburg, WV
Shift: Sunrise (6:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
UPS Freight is hiring individuals to work as
City Drivers must pass a DOT physical and successfully pass a road test. Qualified applicants must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with Haz-Mat, Twin Trailer, and Tanker endorsements, issued by this state. Pick-Up & Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with our appearance policy.
Applicants must be at least ; and must be able to read, write and speak the English language. Applicants must meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) and Company mental and physical requirements; and must be physically and mentally able to safely perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers. Applicants must receive satisfactory results from a background check, as conducted in accordance with applicable laws, and must pass a drug screening.. This position involves the driving of a tractor-trailer and the daily pick up and delivery of freight from numerous commercial and residential customers on a given route.
This job posting includes information about the minimum qualifications (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines), locations, shifts, and operations within the locations which may consider my application. An applicant or employee may request an exception or change to, or an accommodation of, any condition of employment (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines) because of a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
West Virginia Central Credit Union- Parkersburg, WV
WV Central Credit Union is seeking a Full-Time Communication Specialist for our office. This position requires maintaining a positive office image while greeting members and non-members as they enter the office.
1. The overall expectation will be to handle as many calls as possible in order to meet members(s) needs and expectations.
2. Acknowledge member(s) as they enter and exit the office.
3. Direct member(s) to appropriate department.
4. Assist other staff members as needed.
5. Must be able to work in an extremely busy environment and handle multiple tasks at a time.
6. Provide world class member service in a friendly and timely manner.
7. Use and promote our products and services to members whenever possible.
8. Other daily responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma Required
- Member Service, proper phone skills, sales skills are preferred, computer skills required.
- 2 years of receptionist experience is preferred.
Memorial Health System- Marietta, OH
Schedule: Flex/Part Time
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Courier is responsible for transporting lab specimens, various supplies and materials from the hospital to and from physicians' offices, nursing homes and other locations. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
- Must have a valid driver's license and remain insurable by hospital's agent
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read, write and do math as generally demonstrated by a high school diploma or GED
- Operates a legally licensed motor vehicle.
- Picks up patient specimens at physicians' offices, nursing homes or other clients and delivers to the lab.
- Delivers to physicians' offices, nursing homes or other clients reports on test results.
- Delivers to physicians' offices, nursing homes or other clients needed supplies from the lab.
- Picks up, transports and delivers various materials to and from the hospital and its clients.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Please visit www.mhsystem.org for more information.
Courthouse Records Specialist
Lowers Risk Group- Parkersburg, WV
Join one of the fastest growing companies in the US! Lowers Risk Group provides comprehensive enterprise risk management solutions to organizations operating in high-risk, highly-regulated environments and organizations that value risk mitigation.
Our human capital and specialized industry enterprise risk management solutions protect people, brands, and profits from avoidable loss and harm.
The position of Field Criminal Research Analyst conducts research on subjects based on key identifiers as provided by the client. Research is performed outside of the office and typically at the courthouse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Conduct in person research using public record information for assigned region to determine if subject has either a clear record or has criminal cases to report to the client Enter results into the Wholesale Screening Solutions systems, either as clear (no information found) or the information found in the courts predominantly used index as specified per the client’s instructions. Perform additional administrative research duties as assigned.
Meet quality and productivity standards as established by the Vendor Manager.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum: High school diploma or GED and 6 months experience in Criminal Investigation work Preferred: Associate Degree in Criminal Justice / related field or 2 years of experience in Criminal Investigation work. 2
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Please note – job location is West Virginia and relocation to the open West Virginia region is required for the role.
- Applicants must be able to meet WV Private Investigator requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Proficiency in the use of the Internet and Web browsing
- Proficiency in the use of internal WSS operating systems.
- Detail oriented, with good written and oral communication skills.
- Must have understanding of professional office etiquette exemplifying professionalism at all times.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work.
- Reliability – Must be at work on time, and work the schedule assigned by their manager.
- Trustworthy - Ability to handle confidential information and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player, and have good interpersonal relation skills
- Ability to drive 100% of the time within counties in assigned region
- Clean driving record and valid Driver’s license are required
- Ability to work flexible work hours or shifts (days/evenings/weekends) if required
BENEFITS AND RELOCATION:
In addition to the standard Lowers Risk Group benefits package, Field Criminal Research Analysts are also eligible for the following benefits:
- Monthly Car Allowance
- Monthly Fuel Allowance
- Relocation package
United Rentals- Marietta, OH
United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Equipment Associate ready to grow their career with the leader in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to perform a variety of manual tasks to ensure smooth branch operation. The primary objective of the Equipment Associate is to provide labor assistance to service technicians, sales staff, and other branch personal engaged in meeting the needs of customers. Responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with deliveries and preparing equipment for rental
* Performing routine checks on rental equipment to ensure it is safe and in good working order
* Greet customers and assist with customer inquiries about equipment
* Suggest equipment and supplies to meet customer needs
* Loading and unloading rental equipment
Floor Care Specialist
Memorial Health System- Marietta, OH
In an environment of continuous quality improvement, the Floor Care Specialist is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and beautification of the floors. Assists with other housekeeping duties. Exhibits the MHS Standards of Excellence and exercises strict confidentiality at all times.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent training and/or experience required
- Prior floor care experience preferred
- Ability to follow instructions, read, and write
- Know the proper procedures for cleaning a patient room.
- Strips, waxes and buffs floors using all floor machines.
- Shampooing carpets.
- Uses Automatic Floor Machine.
- Assists with trash management.
- Clean patient rooms after discharge.
- Assumes all other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Please visit www.mhsystem.org for more information.
Regal Entertainment Group- Vienna, WV
Summary: Floor Staff team members are classified based on individual theatre needs, and/or employee availability, as either variable hour, part-time fixed, part-time regular or full-time hourly employees whose primary responsibility is ensuring our guests receive exceptional service. Floor Staff may be scheduled to work in the Box Office, Concession Stand, or as an Usher. Floor Staff employees must act as a representative of Regal in a way that is consistent with our mission statement and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for each position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Handling of emergency situations when called upon to do so
- General cleaning duties; and
- Compliance with our company dress code.
- Operating POS system, including the proper handling of and responsibility for accuracy of cash drawer, credit cards, travelers’ checks, gift cards and redeemed discount tickets, passes and coupons
- Up selling/suggestive selling of Premium Viewing Experience (3D, RPX, IMAX).
- Promoting the Regal Crown Club program
- Ensuring tickets are sold in accordance with the MPAA rating system and company policy
- Responding to phone calls and questions from guests in a manner that is consistent with our guest service philosophy
- Operating POS system, including the proper handling of and responsibility for accuracy of cash drawer, credit cards, travelers’ checks, gift cards and redeemed coupons as well as concession stock inventory.
- Promoting the Regal Crown Club program
- Operating, preparing and cleaning of all concession related equipment
- Up selling/Suggestive selling
- Complying with all local, state and federal food safety laws.
- Ensure required alcohol certification and training are current where applicable.
- Tearing tickets, collecting and depositing appropriate stub, and directing patrons to their auditoriums.
- Inspecting backpacks and packages when applicable.
- Managing crowd control and assisting guests in finding seats in auditoriums when necessary
- Enforcement of MPAA rating system
- Conducting in theatre inspections to monitor picture and sound quality, watch for film and content theft, and help maintain a safe quality environment within the auditoriums
- Reporting to the management any problems, discrepancies or unusual situations that arise at the theatre.
- Perform in-auditorium concession auxiliary sales as directed by management
- Cleaning auditoriums at the end of scheduled shows and maintaining clean restrooms, lobby area, hallways and other areas outside of the auditorium
- Monitoring the cleanliness and operation of theatre vending equipment
- Assisting with all opening and closing duties as assigned by management
Forklift Operator/Material Handler
Hucks Pallets LLC.- Vincent, OH
Needed full time forklift operator, Experience is a must. We need someone who will operate forklift. load and unload flatbed trucks, and move pallets from inside of building to outside, and from one building to another and organize pallets. You will be operating on concrete and sometimes gravel, uneven pavement sometimes and close surroundings. Monday thru Friday. Monday thru Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and sometimes get off at 3 p.m., Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. every week,. Paid weekly!
Salary is based on experience, from $9 to $10 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Forklift Operator- 1 year
SW Resources- Parkersburg, WV
The Graphic Designer is responsible for production of quality sign and related products manufactured within SW Resources, Inc., dba SW Graphics, meting or exceeding production time frames.
- Assume leadership role in graphic design with customers utilizing various software programs including: Photoshop, Correl Draw, Adobe, Vector, EPS, etc.
- Be conversant with the various manufacturing technologies used in SW Graphics to manufacture signs. This includes engraving, vinyl, sublimation and Roland 4-color printer.
- Operate all machines and equipment within SW Graphics.
- Be able to work outside of the manufacturing area to install signs as assigned.
- Assist with the design elements of the manufacturing process
- Maintain production flow to ensure delivery and shipping schedules are met within the specified time frame.
- Ensure all housekeeping and safety requirements are continuously implements and maintained.
- Design and layout of required jobs.
- Other duties as assigned
Heavy Duty Alignment Technician
The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company – Walton Hills, OH
Prior experience as a Commercial Service Technician.
ASE Commercial certification, and CDL preferred.
Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level safety and customer service.
Diagnose, maintain and repair Commercial Vehicle drive-line systems including steering, suspension. Knowledge of air brakes helpful.
Must have own tools, working knowledge of shop equipment such as tire balance machine, alignment machine, diagnostic equipment, mount and dismount commercial tires, etc.
Ability to perform physical requirements of the position.
Generous Base Compensation
Five-day work week
Paid holidays and sick days
Employee and family tire purchase / service discounts
Comprehensive medical benefits
Highway Technician I
Ohio Department of Transportation- Pomeroy, OH
Operates basic equipment (i.e., see glossary for identification of basic equipment) & performs general highway maintenance duties which vary by season (e.g., constructs, improves, maintains, repairs & cleans highways &/or roadways & right-of-ways to include excavating & grading ditches, digging channels & cleaning waterways, cuts brush, grass & other vegetation, applies chemicals to vegetation, patches & seals berm & pavement, mixes mortar & concrete, shovels backfill, installs & repairs catch basin & stream channel & completes other drainage work, screens bleeding surface, reshapes/digs ditches/trenches, pours hot tar, removes trash, cleans & repairs highways &/or roadways & right-of-ways, mows grass, moves & loads supplies & materials & completes other related highway maintenance assignments, operates any combination of basic equipment to haul trash), performs snow & ice control & related maintenance duties by operation of snow plow with spreader, brine dispensing equipment, dump truck with attachments, maintains, repairs & installs traffic signs & pavement markings on inter-state, federal & state highways &/or roadways (e.g., repairs/replaces/straightens street &/or traffic signs & other route markers; installs & repairs guardrails).
Performs emergency response & clean up & performs traffic control (e.g., flags traffic through work zone or around accident site; sets lane closures; places high water signs; erects barricades); receives training (on the job & formal) in various types of construction inspection activities (maintenance related inspection items).
Performs minor repairs & maintenance on equipment (e.g., sharpens; sands; paints; refuels; lubricates; checks tires for wear & pressure; replaces light bulbs; washes & cleans trucks & equipment to prevent rusting); changes tailgates & snowplow blades; conducts pre-trip inspections of equipment.
Performs miscellaneous labor & bookkeeping tasks; operates two-way radio/base station; telephones crews for emergencies; cleans offices & garage; keeps daily records & logs (e.g., fuel sheets, material check sheets); responds to general inquiries from public (e.g., gives directions; explains traffic delays; explains work underway); assists stranded motorists (e.g., telephones for needed assistance); performs general labor & maintenance functions at garage; loads & unloads freight; arranges stock in warehouse; moves equipment.
Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition & subtraction & decimals, percentages & fractions; ability to read, write & speak common English vocabulary; 3 mos. trg. or 3 mos. exp. in operation of basic equipment.
Note: Applicant must have valid Commercial Driver's License at the appropriate level pursuant to approved position description on file to operate motorized equipment of size & type regulated by sections 4506.1, 4506.03 & 4506.12 of Ohio Revised Code.
-Or equivalent of minimum class qualifications for employment noted above.
Major Worker Characteristics:
Knowledge of addition & subtraction; decimals, percentages & fractions; safety practices associated with highway maintenance & use of traffic control equipment*; agency policies*. Skill in use of basic equipment & related highway maintenance tools; traffic control equipment. Ability to recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate action; read & verbalize simple sentences; maintain accurate records; cooperate with co-workers on group projects; demonstrate strength to lift 50-100 pounds.
(*) Developed after employment.
This position is overtime eligible based on FLSA Standards.
Requires Valid Commercial Driver's License, Class "A" OR "B", with a tanker endorsement and without air brake restrictions.
All Bargaining Unit new hires MUST serve a one (1) year probationary period.
Position will be filled pursuant to the provision of the OCSEA/AFSCME Contract.
The final applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis prior to appointment to test for illegal drug use. An applicant with a positive test result will not be offered employment.
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
Physical Ability Test- The test will require candidates to physically demonstrate the ability to lift, pull, drag, and/or maneuver between 50-100 pounds. There are six (6) events to the Physical Ability Test course which consist of equipment and materials utilized on-the-job by current Highway Technician 1's. Candidates MUST successfully complete each of the six (6) events in order to pass the physical ability test and continue on to the Reading Comprehension & Math (RCM) Test. Applicants must pass both the PAT & RCM Tests in order to be considered for employment.
Glenwood Community- Marietta, OH
Glenwood Community is a residential senior living community located in Marietta, Ohio. We are known for exemplary care of our residents as well as the upkeep, cleanliness and maintenance of our apartments, homes and grounds. We are currently hiring a full time maintenance technician. Carpentry and drywall finishing experience is necessary. Benefits and retirement plan available.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Carpentry and drywall finishing: 1 year
Medical Reception Tech
CSL- Parkersburg, WV
- Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and conducting a series of registration procedures to verify donor suitability for the plasma pheresis process.
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor’s hematocrit and total protein levels.
- Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
- May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
May answer the telephone and answer callers question or transfer call to appropriate staff member.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
Working Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens\
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs\
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
ScribeAmerica- Marietta, OH
The role of a scribe is to closely collaborate with their assigned physician by documenting the history of each patient evaluated, the doctor’s physical examination, the results of laboratory/radiological studies ordered, and the eventual diagnosis and disposition. Becoming a scribe provides the student with first rate exposure to medical terminology, disease processes, emergency procedures, medications, and the medical decision making process performed by the physicians.
There are full and part-time day and evening shift opportunities in Marietta, Ohio.
For additional information and to apply, please go to www.scribeamerica.com.
Multiple positions are available in Ohio through Airgas, an Air Liquide company. Please go to www.airgas.com for more information.
Multiple Positions- The Home Depot
Multiple positions available at The Home Depot in Vienna, WV. Please go to https://careers.homedepot.com/ for more information.
Multiple Positions- Scots Landscape
*Retail sales associates
*Landscape team members and supervisors
*CDL Delivery Drivers
Join our team today!
Apply in person
or on our website
Scots Landscape Nurseries
6303 Grand Central Ave
Vienna, WV 26105
Provided by The Parkersburg News & Sentinel
Pioneer-Family Automotive Group- Marietta, OH
Automotive Parts Counter and Delivery Requirements:
- Knowledgeable in Automotive Parts
- Knowledgeable in Computer Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver License
- Pass Clean Driving Record Check
- Pass Background Check
- Pass Other Testing
- Ability to work Full Time hours
- Ability to work nights and weekends per schedule
- Reliable, responsible, serious workers
- Automotive Experience preferred
Automotive Parts Counter and Delivery Description:
- Correctly utilize computer software
- Data input
- Pull, stock, invoice automotive inventory
- Customer Service
- Phone communications
- Automotive Shipping and Receiving skills
- Delivery between dealerships
- Delivery outside dealerships and to businesses
- Assisting Parts Manager, Service Departments, and Customers
- People Skills
- Efficiently work well individually and as a team member
- Other tasks as noted by managers
Pioneer Chevrolet and Family Ford Provide:
- Weekly pay
- Company supported Insurances available
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Vacation and Holidays
- Competitive pay
PBX Switchboard Operator
Southeastern Ohio Regional Medical Center- Cambridge, OH
The PBX Operator is responsible for all internal and external communications that come into the hospital switchboard. He/she performs all hospital paging, monitors fire and code alarms and handles all phone calls that come into the PBX/Amcom system. General understanding of using computers and communications skills is required.
This part time position will work a combination of afternoon and midnight shifts. The person selected will also cross-train as a registration clerk for work on the midnight shift. This position will work a rotation of weekends and holidays and must be flexible with scheduling; training is completed on day shift with full time hours.
Job Type: Part-time
- multi: 1 year
- ever employed with SEM or an affiliate: 1 year
- customer ser: 1 year
Kroger- Belpre, OH
Assist with activities in the pharmacy department including preparation of prescriptions, helping to maintain the actual day-to-day business of the department in a manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Pharmacy Technicians may receive refill requests over the phone, obtain health information, perform computer data entry, gather medications for use in prescription preparation (always checked by a Pharmacist), order medications and process received orders, assist in maintaining pharmacy department records, assist patients in locating over-the-counter medications, ring purchases on the cash register, and perform housekeeping of the pharmacy department space. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honestly, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Create an environment that enable customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store.
- Inform customers of pharmacy specials or promotions
- Stay current on present, future, seasonal, and special ads.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
- Operate cash registers and computers
- Counting and pouring prescription medications
- Help patients who are dropping off or picking up prescriptions orders with prompt and friendly service.
- Screen telephone calls for the pharmacists.
- Verify customers receive the correct prescription(s) and correctly make "offer of pharmacist counseling."
- Place Computer Assisted Ordering and Cardinal orders.
- Communicate medication information to prescribers and their agents for refill requests.
- Restock inventory while ensuring proper rotation.
- Monitor inventory for overstock or expired medications.
- Maintain knowledge of loss prevention techniques.
- Participate in mandatory training programs and weekly huddle sessions.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- High School education or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Ability to respect confidentiality of patient data
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 1 year of customer service related experience
- 1 year of healthcare related experience
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certified
- Second language (speaking, reading, and/or writing)
- Retail experience
Police Officer (Part Time)
Hocking College- Nelsonville, OH
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Police / Director of Campus Safety: A Police Officer will perform a variety of duties in the enforcement of laws and the prevention of crimes; to control traffic flow and enforce state and local traffic regulations; to perform investigative activities; and to perform a variety of technical and administrative tasks in support of the Police Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effect an arrest, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs, and other restraints; subdues resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense.
- Prepare investigative and other reports, including sketches, using appropriate grammar, symbols and mathematical computations.
- Exercise independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain, when probable cause exists to search and arrest and when force may be used and to what degree.
- Operate a law enforcement vehicle during both day and night; in emergency situations involving speeds in excess of posted limits, in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions caused by factors such as fog, smoke, rain, ice and snow.
- Communicate effectively and coherently over law enforcement radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications.
- Gather information in criminal investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and confidential informers.
- Pursue fleeing suspects and perform rescue operations which may evolve quickly; entering and exiting law enforcement patrol vehicles; lifting, carrying and dragging heavy objects; climbing over and pulling oneself over obstacles; jumping down from elevated surfaces; climbing through openings; jumping over obstacles, ditches and streams; crawling in confined areas; balancing on uneven or narrow surfaces and using body force to gain entrance through barriers.
- Load, unload, aim and fire from a variety of body positions handguns, shotguns and other agency firearms under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force and at the levels of proficiency prescribed in certification methods.
- Perform searches of people, vehicles, buildings and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects, walking for long periods of time, detaining people and stopping suspicious vehicles.
- Conduct visual and audio surveillance for extended periods of time.
- Engage in law enforcement patrol functions and include such things as working rotating shifts, walking on foot patrol and physically checking the doors and windows of campus buildings to ensure they are secure.
- Effectively communicate with people, including juveniles, by giving information and directions, mediating disputes and advising of rights and processes.
- Demonstrate communication skills in court and other formal settings.
- Detect and collect evidence and substances that provide the basis of criminal offenses and infractions that indicate the presence of dangerous conditions.
- Endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with hostile views and opinions of suspects and other people encountered in an antagonistic environment.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time, administering emergency medical aid, lifting dragging and carrying people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas.
- Process and transport prisoners using handcuffs and other appropriate restraints.
- Put on and operate a gas mask in situations where chemical munitions are being deployed or to evacuate areas that are immediately dangerous to life and health.
- Extinguish small fires by using a fire extinguisher and other appropriate means.
- Read and comprehend legal and non-legal documents, including the preparation and processing of such documents such as citations, affidavits and warrants.
- Process arrested suspects to include taking photographs and obtaining legible set of inked fingerprint impressions.
- Operate under the recognized principle of the Incident Command System.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned, which should not be over 10 to 15%.
Aaron’s- Vienna, WV
Aaron's provides a fun and positive environment for our associates and a place where we take building relationships with our customers personally!
At Aaron's, we call our Delivery Driver role Product Technician because our Product Technician position is so much more than driving! As a Product Technician, you'll serve as Aaron's ambassador, upholding our commitment to excellence by working directly with our customers in a professional manner while delivering top quality products and services. You will receive expert training on all the latest model products from electronics to furniture to appliances. Additional responsibilities include merchandise handling, such as: loading, securing, delivering, set up, troubleshooting and demonstrating. Reviewing lease agreements with the customer is occasionally required. As an Aaron's Product Technician, the difference is personal and your ability to build strong relationships with customers is critical to our success.
Personally support every customer to Own it.
Ensure all merchandise is clean and in operating condition prior to delivery
Load, secure and protect product in delivery vehicle and safely transport merchandise
Review product information to ensure it matches delivery schedule
Document all vehicle movement on daily route sheets
Product Installation & Education
Offload, install and demonstrate merchandise with customer
Perform routine service calls, product exchanges and assist with merchandise returns
Clean and certify returned merchandise
Showroom & Warehouse
Assist in maintaining the showroom floor and store's warehouse by moving merchandise
Cleaning & maintaining the appearance of the store.
Occasional collections assistance
Assist in field marketing programs
Additional duties as assigned by management
High school diploma or equivalent
Working knowledge of electronic products (appliances, computers, etc.)
Position routinely requires lifting & loading up to 50 lbs. without help and up to 300 lbs. with the assistance of a dolly
Valid driver's license
Maintain professional appearance
REM Community Options- Parkersburg, WV
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As a Program Coordinator with REM WV you’ll be one of those special people.
Program Coordinators are a critical link to the community for those we serve, as well as serving as a bridge between our direct care and clinical staff to ensure the seamless delivery of services to the individuals we support.
For REM WV and The MENTOR Network the Program Coordinator is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the Program Coordinator role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. We in fact have many success stories from people at all levels that have followed the Program Coordinator path.
REM WV is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide assistance to the IDD population in a community-based setting. Program Coordinators facilitate the implementation of Individual Service Plans (ISP) and participate in a range of administrative duties including staff hiring, training, scheduling and oversight.
In addition, Program Coordinators may provide support to individuals receiving services, including: assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care. Program Coordinators may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years related work experience
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Car registration and vehicle insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Supervisory experience preferred
Resident Care Associate
Cedar Grove- Parkersburg, WV
The Resident Care Associate reports to the Resident Care Director and the Resident Care Manager and provides services and care to each Resident based on the individual Resident Service Plan.
Resident Care Associate Procedure:
- Assists Residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene, and mobility if needed.
- Maintains an awareness of each Resident’s general state of physical and mental health and reports any changes at once to the Resident Care Director.
- Keeps an inventory of medical supplies on hand and assists with ordering when necessary.
- Assists with finding shift coverage when unexpected call outs occur.
- Develops and helps maintain assignments for the Resident Care Director.
- Keeps on-call books current
- Assists in orienting and on-boarding of new Resident Service Associates.
- Responds to Resident emergencies; provides first-aid and arranges for appropriate medical follow-up.
- Assists Residents in keeping their units clean, neat, and orderly.
- Answers calls for assistance and attends to Resident needs promptly.
- Assists Residents with clothing and laundry needs if instructed to do so.
- Assists Residents with meal selection, service, and feeding as assigned.
- Assists with activity program as assigned.
- Maintains records according to policy.
- Maintains files as needed.
- Participates in a minimum of 6 hours in-service education per year.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Compliance and Safety:
- Follows all emergency procedures
- Understands all safety policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Resident Care Director and other staff.
- Immediately advises Resident Care Director and/or Resident Care Manager of any changes in physical and mental health of Resident.
- Current State Nurse’s Aide registration.
- Experience and passion in working with seniors.
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending, and lifting up to 60 pounds.
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with Residents, their families, peers, and other staff members.
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.
- Physically able to bend and reach.
- Physically able to push and pull and lift up to 60 pounds at times.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Could be required to use a Hoyer Lift.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- May be required to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per day).
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV,AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
- Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
- Background, criminal, and drug tests may be required.
- May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
Sales Associate (Part Time)
United Bank- Vienna, WV
The Sales Associate is responsible for performing daily branch and customer service duties; providing customers with efficient and accurate transaction processing; promoting business by providing quality customer service and handling routine customer inquiries; providing customer referrals for products and services on a daily basis and have the ability and desire to interact in a team environment and be willing to contribute to the team efforts.
- Operate with accuracy and efficiency the appropriate core banking systems and at sales associate window
- Accept deposits, verify cash deposits, endorsements and comply with Regulation CC requirements and bank deposit policies.
- Accept payments for all loans/lines of credit
- Process the redemption of U.S. Savings Bonds
- Process night depository, ATM and mail deposits, if applicable
- Provide additional customer services including processing/issuance of official bank checks and credit card cash advances
- Balance assigned cash daily and maintains strict adherence to security procedures and sole control of cash drawer and assigned cash limits
- Adhere to cash differences/controllable losses policy
- Identify customers, by understanding and obtaining proper documentation of identification, obtains and/or verifies endorsements/payees, cash, and checks/withdrawals/transfers and obtains supervisor approval for authorization at bank-established cash limits, including the determination of the availability of sufficient funds, exclusion of stop payments and holds
- Verify signatures and account ownership as required; exercises discretion, judgment, and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries
- Comply with all department and company policies, procedures and overall security
- Prepare mandatory currency transaction reports and monetary instrument logs in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations, including adhering to KYC, OFAC, and Information Security policies and procedures
- Contribute to the responsibility in meeting monthly branch and/or individual scorecard goals on a consistent basis by monitoring self-performance and following action plans
- Ensure delivery of excellent customer service throughout the Bank by adhering to sales and @ your service standards
- May be responsible for branch opening/closing procedures
- May escort customers to safe deposit boxes in accordance with the Bank’s safe deposit box policy and security procedures
- May assist in opening/closing of branch vaults under dual control
- As needed, order, receive, verify, and distribute cash in accordance with bank policy
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external customers
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Bank’s objectives and goals by performing as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
- Responsible for keeping current and being knowledgeable in order to communicate the Bank’s products and services to clients
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of the Bank’s in-house Sales Associate Training Program
- Previous customer service contact experience is highly desired
- Ability to demonstrate a sales oriented professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in handling money preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel) required
- Understanding and working knowledge of appropriate core banking system is a plus
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and confidentiality is essential
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dependability (Attendance & Punctuality)
- Task Management
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
Hometown Motorsports- Marietta, OH
Hometown Motorsports in Marietta is looking for a motivated and energetic salesperson for motorcycles, ATV's, UTV's and power equipment. Applicant must have prior sales experience and be a team player. Pay is based on weekly draw against commission. Stop in or call today: 1301 Pike Street in Marietta - 740-374-4044
Provided by The Marietta Times
Lowes- Multiple Locations
Multiple positions available at multiple locations throughout southeastern Ohio and West Virginia. Please go to https://jobs.lowes.com for more information.
Security Officer/Security Guard
G4S- Belmont, WV
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must complete any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must successfully complete a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test.
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must successfully complete the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract